From 26 October 2020, you can request an appointment for any type of repair in your home or communal areas as we begin to bring our repairs service back to normal.
In recent months we have been operating a reduced repairs service, prioritising emergency and urgent repairs in residents' homes to protect both residents and staff.
All repairs, maintenance and safety checks comply with government guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19. To further ensure safety, contractors wear a face mask and gloves, keep their distance, observe good hand hygiene, and clean all work areas.
As services may continue to change in response to COVID-19, we will keep you informed by email, text message, newsletters, and online. Please keep your details up to date with us, for when we send out essential information or need to contact you quickly.
Accessing housing services has never been simpler: quick, safe, and convenient. You can now update your contact details and request repairs via your MyWestminsterHousing online account.
Due to the increased safety measures and the backlog caused by the recently reduced service, we thank you for your patience while you may need to wait longer than usual for an appointment – as demonstrated in the table below:
|Repair type||Expected time to get an appointment|
|Non-urgent repairs||Up to 60 days|
Help us keep everyone safe by:
- social distancing and following hand hygiene advice
- wearing face coverings and not sharing lifts
- being neighbourly, mindful of your noise, and disposing of your rubbish in the right way
- keeping your gas safety check appointments and contact details up to date
- making an appointment before visiting our service centres
- contacting us with any concerns and rescheduling appointments if your household is isolating
For more information
Thank you for helping us keep you safe in quality housing. Find out more, including how we are managing housing services throughout coronavirus, and your repair roles and responsibilities.