On Thursday 24 October 2019, we held an event on Lillington and Longmoore Gardens estate to mark the start of the new Local Housing Services Offer being rolled out across our estates.
Councillor Smith, Cabinet Member for Housing Services, attended the event to launch The Local Housing Service Offer. Despite the rain, residents came out and took part in estate walkabouts, shared priorities for their action plan, planted daffodil bulbs, visited the housing teams on the Westminster on Wheels bus and enjoyed some hot tea and sandwiches.
The Local Housing Services Offer is a new way of delivering part of our service. It brings together:
- My Estate Action Plans – a set of agreed actions with residents’ associations for each estate to be delivered in the short to medium term. We will ensure that these are published for all to see online. Ward councillors will be asked for their views too.
- My Estate Walkabouts – regular walkabouts with residents on each estate to identify local issues and agree actions. Ward councillors will be invited to take part.
- A refreshed set of housing surgeries supported by the contact centre and repair teams
- An online engagement group so that residents can have their say on the service from the comfort of their living room as well as the traditional route of going to meetings.
Over the coming weeks we will be at the Westminster on Wheels bus locations to speak to residents, carry out My Estate Walkabout and My Estate Action Plan at the following times:
- 2.00pm My Estate Walkabout
- 3.30pm My Estate Action Plan – first draft of estate priorities with Resident Associations and residents.
|30 October 2019||North||Lydford|
|13 November 2019||Central||Wharncliffe Gardens|
|27 November 2019||West||Little Venice (Low-rise properties)|
|11 December||West||Hallfield Estate|
In the new year we will be carrying out My Estate Walkabouts at 2pm on the following estates:
|24 January 2020||Central||Lisson Green Estate|
|31 January 2020||South||Grosvenor|
|7 February 2020||North||Queens Park Court Estate|
|14 February||West||John Aird Court|
|21 February||Central||Holcroft Court|
|28 February||South||Abbots Manor Estate|
|6 March 2020||North||Avenue Gardens Estate|
|13 March 2020||West||Wessex Gardens Estate|
|20 March 2020||Central||Blandford|
|27 March 2020||South||Ebury Bridge Estate|
|3 April 2020||Central||Alpha and Earl House|
|10 April 2020||West||Swanleys|
|16 April 2020||North||Mozart Estate|
|22 April 2020||South||Gatcliff Close|
|28 April 2020||Central||Luxborough Tower|
Before these walkabouts take place, we will be contacting resident associations to capture their estate priorities and create a draft plan, which we will check against whilst doing the My Estate Walkabout to ensure we are on track in delivering on the estate plan.