Most repairs, maintenance and gas safety checks to your home and building are carried out by our contractors Morgan Sindall. To continue with essential work, they have developed a new Safe Systems of Work designed to keep you, your household members and their staff safe.
To help slow the spread coronavirus, Morgan Sindall are taking additional precautions which means no work including safety checks, will be carried out within a household with members isolating due to coronavirus symptoms or where a household member is being shielded - unless it is to remedy a direct risk to the safety of the household, such as emergency plumbing or repairs.
Before coming to your home
When confirming an appointment with you to carry out an urgent or emergency in home repair, or safety check, they will ask you some questions including:
- are you currently self-isolating?
- have you been in close contact with someone displaying symptoms (high temperature or new, continuous dry cough)?
- are any members of your household over 70 years of age?
- are any members of your household currently pregnant?
- do any members of your household have a health condition that may increase their risk from coronavirus?
They will also ask these questions again whilst outside your home before entering, in case your situation has changed. If you answer yes to any of these questions, and your repair issue is not an emergency, they may not be able to carry out your repair or safety check straight away.
During your repair service
All of our contractors will follow all sensible precautions to keep you and themselves safe whilst visiting your property. In line with public health guidance our contractors will:
- keep a minimum of 2 metres apart from household members at all times, this may mean residents waiting in separate rooms
- follow all advice on hygiene and cleanliness before during and after visits (such as washing hands frequently)
- use Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) such as face mask, gloves, over shoe covers and glasses
- wipe down all surfaces in rooms where work was carried out
- not use lifts
- not work if showing any signs or symptoms of coronavirus.
What is an emergency repair?
Emergency repairs are critical issues which could pose an immediate health and safety risk, such as fire, loss of electricity or water supply. You can find out more about emergency repairs online at www.westminster.gov.uk/yourhousing/repairs
If you have a repair to report, call us on 0800 358 3783, email email@example.com or make use of our online services at www.westminster.gov.uk/yourhousing where you can report repairs and track repairs.