Westminster City Council handyperson service
Westminster City Council offer a free handyperson service (opens new window) for all residents in Westminster who are either aged 60 and over or in receipt of a disability allowance. We carry out jobs that can be done in a maximum of half a day. Any qualifying resident can use the service twice in any 12 months. The first £50 of materials are provided free but anything that costs more has to be paid for by the recipient of the work.
The type of jobs include:
- minor repairs to stairs and floors
- minor plumbing jobs
- replacing broken windows, door handles and locks
- fixing loose carpet
- replacing light bulbs, plugs and fuses
- small areas of tiling
- fitting or replacing hand rails
- re-hanging or adjusting of doors
- fitting grab rails.
Jobs that are not included:
- internal and external decoration
- works to gas, water, electric appliances or electric supplies.