We know you may want to make changes to your home to suit your preferred style and needs but you must get our written permission before proceeding with any home improvements.
The alterations that require permission from us include:
- works affecting the structure of the building
- works affecting any services to the property i.e. electrics, gas, drainage, water
- installation of central heating
- the replacement of the boiler
- any change to the internal layout of your property
- erection of a conservatory
- new kitchens and bathrooms where it is not a like-for-like replacement
- changing or removing any internal doors
- asbestos removal
- the installation of a satellite dish will need approval from your area service centre and Westminster City Council’s planning department
- changing your flat entrance door needs approval from your area service centre
- fitting wooden floors needs approval from your area service centre - you should be aware that the law states that you must also lay down sound insulation.
What will happen if I don't apply for permission?
If you fail to apply for permission you will be breaking the terms of your tenancy with us and we could take legal action against you.
This could then lead to you being stopping from doing any further works and we could make you amend any unacceptable alterations.
You will also be liable for our legal costs.
To save any unwanted costs and problems make sure you apply for any alterations in advance.
Making an application for permission
To make an application you must first contact us so that we can provide guidance on any requirements that you would need to meet to undertake the alteration. You will then be provided with an application form which you would need to complete in full and return to us.
Call: 0800 358 3783