Westminster City Council aim is to provide the right homes to meet local needs and to support you to live as safely and independently as possible.

We can help with a range of specially designed equipment or minor adaptions to help promote your independence, such as grab rails, shower seats and door intercoms.

If you are a council tenant in Westminster and need adaptions to your home to give you more freedom you can contact the Social Services Customer Services Centre for an assessment.

Call: 020 7641 1175

Demand for adaptations in homes is high so we have to prioritise them. We can only do work immediately if you have the highest level of need. Our occupational therapist will allocate you a priority based on your need and then send the recommendation to our building and property services team. We will try and make sure we get to your adaptations as soon as possible. 

If you are not one of our tenants but require adaptions to your home you may still be able to receive financial help from the Disabled Facilities Grant.

Find out more about support offered by visiting the Housing adaptations, grants and assistance page (opens new window).  Support includes a range of assistive technology options to help them remain safe in their own home. These include adaptions, alarms and community support. Westminster City Council also has a handy person service for residents.