As a leaseholder you are responsible for the majority of repairs in your property, aside from any structural issues. We are responsible for maintaining the communal areas of your building and your estate.
If you are not sure who is responsible for repairing something in your home call us on 0800 358 3783.
If we need to send someone to your home to carry out repairs or checks, you should expect our contractor operatives to be fully trained, polite and efficient. We continually review the quality of their work and monitor how our contractors behave in your home.
You can expect operatives employed by Westminster City Council contractors to:
- keep their appointments or change them in good time
- carry and show an identity card
- work efficiently and neatly
- treat your home with consideration
- be polite and respectful at all times
- clear up after themselves.
In return, we ask you to:
- give them access to your home at the agreed appointment time – or change it as soon as possible if you find you can no longer be at home on the date/time when the appointment was set
- check the contractor’s identity card
- not leave children under 18 years old unattended in your home while operatives are present