National restrictions are in place. Learn what this means if you live or work in Westminster.

Vehicular crossovers: application forms and advice

To speed up the application process and avoid failed proposals, the council offers guidance about when it is acceptable to construct vehicular crossovers. For example, you may be required to apply for consent or planning permission.

Guidance notes: vehicular crossing applications

How to apply

Vehicular crossing application form

Please provide as much information as possible and return the form, along with an online payment receipt, to:


Write to Growth, Planning and Housing, Westminster City Council 12th Floor, 64 Victoria Street, London SW1E 6QP

Costs and payment

The application fee is £142 including VAT. Payment can only be made online.

Pay online

This fee covers the application assessment only. Additional costs such as building works and traffic management will be incurred if the application is approved.

What happens next?

You should receive a reply to the crossover application within 3 weeks, but other decisions such as operations estimates and Traffic Regulation Orders will take considerably longer.

Last updated: 24 September 2018