Temporary Event Notices

If you wish to sell or supply alcohol, provide regulated entertainment or late night refreshment but don't hold a premises licence or club premises certificate, you need to apply for temporary permission. These are called Temporary Event Notices (TEN) and you can find out more at GOV.UK.

1. How to apply

Apply online

When applying online, please submit your completed online application form and police risk assessment form.

Notices must be received at least 10 working days before the event. Each notice costs £21.

Information about applying by post

2. What happens next

When we receive your notice, we’ll send you an acknowledgement the next working day.

If you apply online, the Police and the Environmental Health Department will be automatically informed on your behalf within one working day.

View information on appeals and complaints

Last updated: 20 June 2018