Do you want to save on your energy bill and generate your own clean electricity?
Having your own solar panels can be a smart investment; not only can you save on your energy bill, but you could earn money from the electricity you generate and power your home with clean energy.
Westminster City Council is working in partnership with the Mayor of London on an innovative new scheme offering high-quality solar photovoltaic (PV) panels to help deliver the Mayor’s vision of a zero-carbon city. Part of the Mayor’s Energy for Londoners programme, Solar Together London is a group buying scheme for solar panels. It brings together households and local government to get high quality solar panels at a highly competitive price. The scheme is open to Westminster residents who live in houses.
How does it work?
- Registration - you can register for free before 22 August 2018. You need to tell us details of your roof, like its size and position. The more people that register, the better the deal for each household. Registration does not commit you to anything.
- Auction - on 22 August 2018 an auction will be held where pre-vetted installers submit their lowest prices.
- Your personalised offer - from 10 September 2018 you will be contacted with a personalised offer, based on the specifications of your roof. It includes your costs and return on the investment of a solar panel installation.
- You decide - the decision is then yours as to whether you want to accept your offer. There is no obligation to continue. You will have until 19 October 2018 to decide and will be invited to visit a local information session.
- Installation - if you accept the offer, the winning supplier will contact you to schedule a survey of your roof and set an installation date. All installations will be completed by the end of March 2019.
- registration opens: 23 June 2018
- auction takes place: 22 August 2018
- personalised offers sent out: 10 September 2018
- acceptance ends: 19 October 2018
- installations take place: October 2018 to end March 2019
Last updated: 18 July 2018