The British 10K London Run will take place on Sunday 12 July. As a result of this event, a number of road closures will be in place.
Now in its 15th year, British 10k London Run will showcase a new route taking in even more of London’s iconic landmarks. The new additions to the route include:
- Piccadilly circus
- Oxford Circus
- St. James’s Palace
- The Theatre Royal, Drury Lane
- Her Majesty’s Theatre, Haymarket.
Other landmarks on the route include Trafalgar Square, Big Ben and Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey, Parliament Square, Downing Street and Horse Guards Parade.
The race will start on Piccadilly outside the Guards and Calvary Club and finish on Horse Guards Parade. As a result of the event, road closures will be in place from Saturday 11 July at 8pm.
Closed Saturday 11 July, 8am-4pm:
Closed Sunday 12 July, 7am-2pm:
- Piccadilly closure at Hyde Park underpass to St. James’s Street
- Berkley Street from Berkley Square to Piccadilly
- Piccadilly westbound bus lane
- St. James’s Street, Pall Mall, Regent Street and St. James’s Street to Piccadilly Circus
- Regent Street St. James’s to Cavendish Place
- Shaftesbury Avenue, from St Giles High Street to Piccadilly Circus
- Charing Cross Road, from Cambridge Circus to William IV Street
- Haymarket, Pall Mall East and Cockspur Street
- Trafalgar Square
- Northumberland Avenue
- Strand from Aldwych to Trafalgar Square
- Horse Guards Avenue from Victoria Embankment to Whitehall
- Embankment and Victoria Embankment
- Whitehall and Parliament Street
- Parliament Square
- St. Margaret Street, Abingdon Street and Millbank
- Victoria Street and Broad Sanctuary from Buckingham Gate to Parliament Square
- Constitution Hill.
Closed Sunday 12 July, 6.30am-2.30pm:
- Whitehall and Parliament Street from Trafalgar Square to Parliament Square
View a map of the new route for 2015 and roads affected by closures
Significant parking suspensions will be in place along the route and some side streets on the route. Parking suspension signs will be in place before the event. If your vehicle is parked on any of the affected roads, please ensure it has been moved before the parking suspensions come into place. If your vehicle has not been moved it will be relocated.
Some buses will also be diverted to another route. Please plan your day and check before you travel this weekend.