The council provides pre-planning application advice for anyone considering proposals that may require planning permission or a related consent. The advice will help speed up the development process and avoid unacceptable proposals.
Calculate fee and apply
Planning pre-application advice guidance notes for developers (PDF, 250KB)
Read information on the fees
Make payment for existing requests
We offer free advice if:
- your query is related to trees
- your proposal is related to a disabled access improvement
The benefits of pre application advice are:
- understanding how our policies will be applied to your proposal
- identifying the need for specialist input at an early stage
- assisting in the preparation of proposals for formal submission
- helping to reduce the time that you or your professional advisors spend in working up the proposals
- indicating those proposals that are completely unacceptable
Engagement with Councillors
Requests for meetings are to be made through the Cabinet Secretariat and Member Services team by emailing email@example.com.
These contact details should only be used for requests to meet Councillors and the Planning Committee Chairman on planning matters. Submission of pre-application enquiries should be made using the calculate fee and apply option.
Last updated: 19 March 2019