The council provides planning pre-application advice for anyone considering proposals that may require planning permission or a related consent. The advice will help speed up the development process and avoid unacceptable proposals.
Calculate fee and apply
Read information on the fees
Make payment for existing requests
We offer free advice if:
- your query is related to trees
- your proposal is related to a disabled access improvement
The benefits of pre application advice are:
- understanding how our policies will be applied to your proposal
- identifying the need for specialist input at an early stage
- assisting in the preparation of proposals for formal submission
- helping to reduce the time that you or your professional advisors spend in working up the proposals
- indicating those proposals that are completely unacceptable
Engagement with Councillors
Requests for meetings are to be made through the Cabinet Secretariat and Member Services team by emailing email@example.com. Guidance on when the Cabinet Member for Place Shaping and Planning and the Chairman of Planning may consider it appropriate to meet with landowners and developers is available at the link below.
Planning pre-application advice guidance notes for developers (PDF,250KB)
These contact details should only be used for requests to meet Councillors and the Planning Committee Chairman on planning matters. Submission of pre-application enquiries should be made using the calculate fee and apply option.
Last updated: 27 January 2020