Private tenants and leaseholders

If you are a leaseholder or a private tenant and are having problems with your landlord we have specialist officers who can help.

We can help if:

  • your landlord wants to end your tenancy or lease
  • your landlord claims you owe rent or wants to put up your rent
  • your landlord will not do repairs
  • your landlord or ex-landlord refuses to give you your deposit back
  • you are behind with your mortgage payments
  • your landlord wants you to move out of your home for a while so that is can be repaired or refurbished.

We also enforce certain laws protection Westminster residents and can take action if:

  • you are unlawfully harassed or evicted from your home
  • your landlord or the agent refuses to give you your landlord's name and address
  • you pay a variable service charge and your landlord fails, when asked, to supply you with a summary of costs in relation to service charges or a details of the insurance cover for the building, or fails to let you inspect any documents used to produce the summary of costs
  • your rent is payable weekly and your landlord refuses to give you a rent book
  • an accommodation agency asks you for money before finding you a home.

Last updated: 30 August 2017
Rate this page: