Skip to main content

This is a new website - we welcome your feedback to help us improve it.

Householder application

Apply for permission to alter or enlarge a single house.

Published: 29 December 2020

Last updated: 21 April 2021

You may need to apply for permission if you are proposing to alter or enlarge a single house, including works within the boundary or garden of a house.  

For example:  

  • extensions  
  • conservatories 
  •  loft conversions  
  • dormer windows  
  • alterations  
  • garages  
  • carports or outbuildings  
  • basement excavations  
  • swimming pools  
  • walls 
  • fences  
  • vehicular access including footway crossovers  
  • porches 
  • satellite dishes 

The quickest and easiest way to submit a planning application is online via the Planning Portal


Please use our checklist to ensure your application is processed as smoothly as possible. 

Application form

If you are unable to apply online, please download and complete the application form below and post it to us using the address on the form.