Download the neighbourhood forum application form to apply, and return it to the address on the bottom of the form.
If you have problems accessing the form, please email: [email protected] and we will send you a copy.
Alternatively, a form containing the following information is required:
- the name of the proposed neighbourhood forum
- a copy of their written constitution
- the name of the neighbourhood area and a map identifying it
- contact details for at least one member (which will be made public)
- a statement explaining how the neighbourhood forum meets the following conditions:
- It has been established for the express purpose of promoting or improving the social, economic and environmental well-being of an area that consists of or includes the neighbourhood area concerned.
- There are at least 21 members who live in the area, work in the area or are an elected member for any part of the area.
- The area is not governed by a parish council.
What happens next
We'll publish valid applications as soon as possible online and by other methods to make sure it's brought to the attention of people who live, work or carry on business in designated area.
We are required to publish valid applications for at least six weeks to allow representations to be made. After this, we’ll decide whether to designate your neighbourhood forum.
Factors affecting decision:
- how widely the membership is drawn (including different places and different sections of the community)
- how the purpose of the group generally reflects the character of the area
- only one neighbourhood forum can be designated for each area and a designation lasts for 5 years
The decision will be published online and by other methods to ensure that the application is brought to the attention of people who live, work or carry on business in designated area. Once a neighbourhood forum is designated no other organisation or body may be designated for that neighbourhood area until that designation expires or is withdrawn.