This application must be made when there is a proposal to carry out building works to:
- a building which is not a single-family dwelling house
- erect a building fronting a private street
- construct over or within 3 metres of a public sewer
The change to extend the types of property needing a Full Plans application is the result of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 (RRO). This requires plans of building work for most buildings to be sent to the Fire Authority for formal consultation.
The advantages include:
- greater certainty of the final building costs
- having your plans checked by our surveyors and approved as complying with the building regulations
- receiving a set of approved plans and near immunity from enforcement action if you build in accordance with those plans
Your application must include a clear description of the work you are proposing to carry out, a full set of plans and any other supporting documents.
There is a 20MB file size limit for document uploads in total. If your documents exceed this, or if you need any other assistance with the application, contact [email protected] or call us on 020 7641 6500
The application website is provided by our partners Idox PLC.
When your application has been received, we’ll email you to let you know what you’ll need to pay as well as your reference number to make payment.
Apply by post or email
To apply by post or email (addresses found at the bottom of the form) please download, complete, and send the relevant form.
We aim to contact you in 5 weeks with a decision, but it may take longer. If you provide sufficient details on your application, the process can be quicker.
For advice or assistance before applying, contact us to get a consultation with a building control surveyor.