Our diesel surcharge scheme
has now been rolled out to all zones across the City. The surcharge, which applies a 50% surcharge on pre-2015 diesel vehicles paying to park and which has been in operation in F zone since June 2017, is part of the Council’s ongoing work to improve air quality in Westminster.
You can use the ParkRight app to search for available parking spaces in Westminster and to pay to park. Read on to find out how to download the free app, find a space and pay for your parking.
Using the ParkRight app
The free ParkRight app provides you with real-time information from sensors in over 3,000 pay-to-park and blue badge disabled bays in the West End and the location of 41,000 spaces, helping you to find an empty space and pay to park as quickly and painlessly as possible.
- pay for parking and manage your parking sessions
- real-time parking status - availability likelihood: red (low), amber (medium) and green (high)
- locations of parking spaces on-street and in car parks
- filter parking spaces by pay-to-park, blue badge disabled, residential, loading, taxi, motorcycle and more
- interacts with your sat nav to direct you to the parking space
- detailed information including number of spaces, operating hours and tariffs
How to get started
Download the app from:
A new version of the ParkRight app was released in April 2017 and existing users of the ParkRight app need to update their app and re-register, adding their vehicle and card details
With a ParkRight app account you can:
- extend your parking session
- pre-pay for your parking from 6.30pm the previous day (pre-paid sessions start at 8.30am)
- set up free reminders
- add or remove vehicles
- manage and update your payment card details
- access your transactions and request a receipt
- access online help
The ParkRight app is free to download and use, and there are no service charges for setting up or extending a parking session.
Once you've set up an account you can choose to have receipts sent to you by email.
Please remember to use the ParkRight app safely; check for spaces before you leave, use a hands-free kit or pull over where safe and legal to do so, turning off the engine.