Other dog-related issues

1. Report a dog issue

Contact the animal warden service. The warden will respond within 24 hours or the next working day.

Alternatively, residents can report an animal problem online.

2. Report animal abuse or cruelty

All acts of animal cruelty should be reported to the RSPCA who will investigate.

3. Dog fouling

Areas near parks have become popular dog walking routes and are consequently busier.

Regular inspections of the problem locations by animal wardens and local wardens can determine when offences are occurring and target those times. Some issues do need persistent attention and sometimes even a police presence.

Read more information on dog fouling

4. Doggy bags

Animal wardens have a limited supply of doggy bags which they hand out on patrols or when visiting estate offices. Dog walkers. however, are responsible for ensuring they have bags. Not having them is not an excuse for not clearing up after your dog.

Bagged dog waste can be deposited into any litter bin across the city.

6. Lost or stray dogs

All dogs should wear a collar by law (Control of Dogs Order 1992).

Read more about lost or stray dogs and how to report them.

7. Dog walker signs

There is signage in dog control order areas (Queens Park, Churchill Gardens and Victoria Piazza) to notify dog owners. This is supplemented by the standard dog fouling signs that are visible throughout Westminster.

8. Report a missing cat

A cat is deemed a wild animal and therefore is not required by law to be under control of its owner. This means that a cat would not be collected by the warden.

Please contact local veterinary clinics and rescue centres to alert them to your missing cat.

Last updated: 12 July 2017
Rate this page: