Notting Hill Carnival 2015 - Sunday 30 and Monday 31 August

Visitor information

Visitors should see the Notting Hill Carnival website for more information.

Information on Carnival can also be found on Notting Hill Carnival's Facebook and Twitter pages as well as via 'Carnival mApp', the Carnival app which is available to download from Google Play and the Apple App Store.

For more information on travel disruption and advice, see the Transport for London website.

Resident information

The Notting Hill Carnival resident booklet provides information and contact details for residents along the Carnival route

The Notting Hill Carnival is organised by the London Notting Hill Carnival Enterprises Trust Ltd (LNHCET), not by Westminster City Council. The council’s role is to work with the event organisers, The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, the Metropolitan Police and other emergency services to facilitate the event and manage its impact.

The council recognises the impact that Carnival can have on residents living within its footprint and endeavours to minimise this by:

  • Working with other agencies and emergency services to minimise the impact of the event on residents and the local area;
  • Providing public toilets;
  • Removing rubbish from the main carnival event area each night and cleaning the entire area at the end of the event;
  • Making arrangements to have registered private basements and gardens cleaned for those who have applied for the garden and basement cleaning service.
Please note: The council does not provide hoarding for private premises along the Carnival route. Residents may use their own hoarding on private properties as long as access to pavements and public highways is not impacted.

Garden and basement cleaning service

Some residents will be eligible to have their front garden or basement cleaned of litter following the Carnival. Find out if your street is eligible and register for this service.


Noise levels will be monitored by council officers. If levels are too loud, the sound system operator will be required to adjust the volume. If you would like to make a noise complaint, please call the Environmental Action Line on 020 7641 2000.

All static sound systems operators close down by 7pm and all music on the route will stop by the planned closure of Carnival at 8.30pm. 

Road closures

To create a safe environment during Carnival there will be extensive road closures in the Notting Hill, Ladbroke Grove and Westbourne Park areas on Sunday 30 and Monday 31 August 2015. The road closures will also make traffic around the event areas busier than usual. 

From 6am each day, the police will be checking all vehicles entering the Traffic Exclusion Zone to ensure that only residents are allowed in. From 9am each day, all traffic, other than floats and emergency vehicles, will be excluded from the area.

View a map of the affected area.


Non-residents are strongly advised not to bring their vehicles into central London over the bank holiday weekend.

A large number of parking bays will be suspended over the Carnival weekend. Most of these suspended bays will be residents' parking bays. You cannot park in suspended bays during the dates and times shown on the on-street suspension notices. In order to protect Westminster residents’ parking in the areas north of the main Carnival site and route, the council will extend parking controls for residents until midnight.

The following streets will be affected:

  • Aldridge Road Villas W11
  • Artesian Road W2 (between the junctions with Northumberland Place and Chepstow Road only)
  • Bridstow Place W2
  • Chepstow Road W2 (between Westbourne Park Road and Westbourne Grove)
  • Elgin Avenue W9 (between the junctions with Harrow Road and Chippenham Road only)
  • Great Western Road W9 and W11
  • Hereford Road W2 (between the junctions with Talbot Road and Westbourne Grove only)
  • Kilburn Lane (between the junctions with Chamberlain Road and Banister Road only)
  • Leamington Road Villas W11 (between the junctions with Tavistock Road and Westbourne Park Road only) 
  • Ledbury Road W11 (between the junctions with Westbourne Park Road and Westbourne Grove only)
  • Shrewsbury Road W2 (between the junctions with St Stephen’s Gardens and Talbot Road)
  • Sutherland Place W2 
  • St. Luke's Road W11
  • St. Stephen's Gardens W2
  • Talbot Road W2 (between the junctions with Ledbury Road and Hereford Place)
  • Tavistock Crescent W11
  • Tavistock Road W11 
  • Westbourne Grove W11 (between the junctions with Ledbury Road and Chepstow Road)
  • Westbourne Park Road W11 and W2
  • Westbourne Park Villas W9
  • Woodfield Place W9
  • Woodfield Road W9

View the parking information leaflet.

Last updated: 3 September 2015
Rate this page: