We’re launching a new website very soon. View the new site while it's still under construction.

Apply for local support payments

If you live in Hammersmith and Fulham, Kensington and Chelsea or Westminster, and you need help because of an emergency or a crisis, you may be entitled to a Local Support Payment (LSP).

You may also qualify if you need help to remain or settle in the community. The payments are not given to you as cash. They are usually good quality, second hand furniture or white goods (for example, refrigerators or washing machines) or store vouchers for specific goods.

Before you can claim a Local Support Payment you have to:

  • be claiming a qualifying benefit*, or about to claim one because you are leaving care or an institution such as hospital or prison
  • live in one of the boroughs listed above, or have been housed elsewhere by one of those boroughs, and
  • not have too much in savings, and not have had more than two LSPs in the last 12 months.

How to apply

If you think that you may be entitled to a payment you can apply online:

Apply online

* Universal Credit, Income Support, Employment and Support Allowance (ESA), Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance, Pension Credit, Incapacity Benefit, Disability Living Allowance, Personal Independence Payment, Attendance Allowance.

If you have had an emergency or disaster and need assistance call 020 7745 6464 and speak to an assessment officer.

Phone lines are open 9am – 1pm Monday to Thursday and 9am to 4pm on Fridays.

If you do not qualify for a Local Support Payment, we have compiled a list of other help and advice services.


Last updated: 4 September 2020