Skip to main content

The history of Westminster City Council

The history of the council from 1900

Published on: 31 December 2020

Last updated: 31 December 2020

St. Marylebone Borough Council

The Borough of St. Marylebone was created out of the former parish vestry in November 1900. Many of the series of minutes and accounts continued almost unchanged during this transition period.

The boundaries of St. Marylebone remained unchanged along Oxford Street, Edgware Road and Maida Vale, but various minor alterations were made to the northern and eastern boundaries.

The records in this section date from the creation of the borough in 1900 through to its abolition in 1965, when St Marylebone became part of the City of Westminster.

Publications