Our independent living mandate sets out our proposed approach to adult social care in Westminster.
It focuses on helping people to live independent and fulfilled lives by taking responsibility for their care. We will support people to do this by:
• helping people to recover, recuperate and rehabilitate so they are able to live as independent life as possible
• working with health partners to develop expert patient programmes
• investing in schemes in the community that can help people to regain independence away from council services
• exploring how new technology can help people to live independent lives
• moving everyone with long-term care needs on to a personal budget within the next 18 months.
The People First website offers information on a wide range of subjects for the residents of Westminster, including advice on how to live a more independent life.