We want to increase awareness of and promote access to our extensive Archives collections which provide a unique record of Westminster, Marylebone and Paddington life from Tudor times to present day.
We invite people interested in the local area and its heritage to join the Friends of the Archives and protect the future of the past.
Benefits of becoming a Friend of the Archives
- a chance to see behind the scenes
- social activities like cultural days out, parties and talks
- invitations to exhibitions, talks, book launches and parties
- opportunities to be involved in indexing projects
- 20% discount on publications
Benefits for Westminster City Archives
Friends of the library provides us with:
- a forum for those interested in local history
- feedback from users
- a sounding board for new ideas
- assistance at external events eg open days
- volunteers for special projects eg conservation, indexing
To become a member, please contact us for an application form.
Annual subscriptions prices
- individuals: £14 per year
- joint membership (2 individuals at the same address): £22 per year
- groups and societies: £25 per year
Last updated: 10 August 2016