Find help after illness

If you are aged 18 or over and live in Westminster, the Community Independence Service (CIS) may be able to help you.

They will provide medical and physical support as well as emotional support, which may prevent you from needing to go to hospital.

The team aims:

  • to support you on discharge from hospital to help you settle back into your home
  • to support you after an accident or illness to regain your ability to do things for yourself
  • to avoid admissions to hospital when possible
  • to maximise your independence and reduce the need for you to rely on others for support

How to contact your Community Independence Service

You might be referred to CIS by your GP, nurse, or therapist or by a social worker. You can also contact the CIS yourself or on behalf of someone you know.

Adult social care

Telephone 020 7641 2500

Central London Community Health

Telephone 020 7641 4001


To find out more on help after an illness and how to maintain your independence and stay safe in your home, visit People First.

Last updated: 6 February 2020