Healthwatch is the new consumer champion for health and social care. It is independent of the council.
It is funded by the council to:
- help people make choices about services
- support those who want to make a complaint
- be involved in local partnerships such as health and wellbeing boards
- represent the views of local people and make sure they are considered when the council is planning health and social care services
- report concerns about the quality of services, independently of the council
Healthwatch Westminster gives local people a better say in how local health and social care services meet the needs of their local community. Healthwatch Westminster is delivered by Healthwatch Central West London (supported by Hestia Housing and Support) to:
- ask local people what they think of health and social care services and suggest improvements directly to the service providers
- look into specific issues, make recommendations and get a response
- ask for information and get answers in a specified amount of time
- be able to carry out spot checks to see if services are working well (checks are carried out under safeguards)
- refer issues to commissioners or Health Scrutiny bodies if it seems action is not being taken
Be part of Healthwatch Westminster
There are a number of benefits to becoming involved in Healthwatch Westminster. These include:
- getting attention for neglected issues
- influencing those who make decisions about new or existing services
- helping the community speak with a stronger local voice
- helping services provide better care.
It's up to you how and when you get involved. You can comment on issues when contacted or you can get more involved by helping to raise awareness of an issue or by helping to find solutions, for example, by meeting providers or being part of a working group.
Contact Healthwatch Westminster and find out more about its work
Phone: 020 8968 7049
Text: 07967 225 015
Post: Units 25/6 The Shaftesbury Centre, 85 Barlby Road, London W10 6BN
Opening hours: 9.30am to 5.30pm
The Healthwatch Westminster service
If you have any questions, comments and compliments about the services provided by Healthwatch Westminster please email Dr Mark Ewbank at Westminster City Council email@example.com or call 020 7641 2636.