The Gambling Act 2005 covers 2 things:
- providing facilities for gambling
- using a premises for gambling
The Premises Licensing Inspectors will ensure these premises operate to promote the gambling licensing principles:
- preventing gambling from being a source of crime and disorder, being associated with crime or disorder, or being used to support crime
- ensure gambling is conducted in a fair and open way.
- protecting children and other vulnerable people from being harmed or exploited by gambling
The Gambling Commission will also fill an important role in the enforcement of the Gambling Act 2005.
Last updated: 21 April 2017