Our Family Information Service webpage now contains information on childcare arrangements in Westminster for our residents who are key workers. A comprehensive list of available childcare provision can be found at the above webpage, in the section Coronavirus Update: Childcare Arrangement.
The Council has been in touch with special educational needs transport services (SEN) providers and four have agreed to offer delivery to vulnerable pupils or those who are unable to collect meals.
School arrangements for vulnerable and key worker children
To limit the spread of the COVID-19 virus, Government advice is that if children can stay safely at home, they should do so. The government has asked parents to keep their children at home, wherever possible, and asked schools to remain open only for those children who are vulnerable, and children whose parents are critical to the COVID-19 response and cannot be safely cared for at home.
Vulnerable children include children who are supported by social care, those with safeguarding and welfare needs, including child in need plans, on child protection plans, ‘looked after’ children, young carers, disabled children and those with education, health and care (EHC) plans.
Below is the latest information on current school provision in Westminster for pupils in these categories. We would advise that you keep checking our website for updates in case of changes or closures in the future.
Parents should have been notified by individual schools and colleges about arrangements for their children but if they have further queries they should contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dorothy Gardner Nursery School: pupils are currently attending Queen's Park school
- Mary Paterson Nursery School: pupils are currently attending Queen's Park school
- Portman Early Childhood Centre is open
- Tachbrook Nursery School – part of cluster of schools alternating provision across their sites: Burdett-Coutts CE Primary School, Soho Parish CE Primary School, St Clement Danes School, St Gabriel's CE Primary School, St George's Hanover Square Primary School, St Matthew's CE Primary School, St Vincent de Paul RC School and Tachbrook Nursery School
- All Souls' CE Primary School has provision in place and will be open part of the week according to need, including ASD Village
- Ark Atwood Academy is open
- Barrow Hill Junior School is open with children from St Joseph's RC Primary School also attending
- Burdett-Coutts CE Primary School, Soho Parish CE Primary School, St Clement Danes School, St Gabriel's CE Primary School, St George's Hanover Square Primary School, St Matthew's CE Primary School, St Vincent de Paul RC School and Tachbrook Nursery School: part of cluster of schools in south Westminster alternating provision across their sites
- Churchill Gardens Primary Academy; Pimlico Primary Free School and Millbank Academy: pupils are attending Pimlico Academy secondary school
- Edward Wilson Primary School is open and children from St Stephen's CE Primary School are also attending
- Gateway Academy is open
- George Eliot Junior School is open and also accommodating children from Robinsfield Infant School
- Hallfield Primary School is open and also accommodating children from Our Lady of Dolours RC Primary School, Essendine Primary School and St Mary of the Angels RC School
- Queen's Park Primary School is open and offering provision to children from Dorothy Gardner Centre, Mary Paterson Nursery School, and St Peter’s CE Primary School
- St Augustine's CE Primary School is open
- St Barnabas CE Primary School is open
- St Edward's RC Primary School is open
- St James and St John CE School is open
- St Luke's CE Primary School: children are attending Kingsgate Primary School in Camden
- St Mary's Bryanston Square CE School is open and children from Hampden Gurney CE Primary School, Christ Church Bentinck CE Primary School and St Vincent's RC Primary School are attending
- St Mary Magdalene's CE Primary School is open
- St Peter's Eaton Square CE School is open
- St Saviour's CE Primary School has provision in place but currently no children are accessing this on site
- Westminster Cathedral RC School is open
- Wilberforce Primary School has provision in place and will be open according to need
- Grey Coat Hospital School has provision in place but no students are accessing this on the site. Pupils are attending Pimlico Academy
- King Solomon Academy (all through school) is open
- Paddington Academy is open
- Pimlico Academy is open and also accommodating children from Millbank Academy, Pimlico Primary and Churchill Gardens Primary Academy
- Harris Academy St John's Wood is open
- Harris Westminster Sixth form is open
- St Augustine's CE High School is open
- St George's Catholic School is open
- Marylebone Boys' School is open
- St Marylebone CE School has provision in place but no students are accessing this on site
- Westminster Academy is open
- Westminster City School is open
- Sir Simon Milton UTC has provision in place but no pupils are accessing this on site.
- College Park School is open
- Queen Elizabeth II Jubilee School (QEII) is open
- St Marylebone Bridge School is contacting pupils regularly but none are accessing the site
- Beachcroft AP Academy children are going to Latimer AP Academy in Kensington and Chelsea
Read the latest advice on schools from Public Health England
Resources to support your child’s home learning can be found on the Family Information Service website, in the section Resources to support your child learning at home.