If you are volunteering to help someone, please take the below steps to make sure you do not contribute to the spread of COVID-19. These include:
- if you feel at all unwell, do not volunteer to help others
- wash your hands regularly with warm water and soap, especially before and after you deliver any items to a person who is vulnerable
- if you make a delivery, stay 2 metres away from the person who is vulnerable - place the items outside their door and then step away
- be careful about how you share personal information about yourself and other people - avoid sharing your or a vulnerable person's address and other contact information in public groups or documents
- try to support people who live close to you, so you don't travel larger distances
Make sure you check the latest advice for updates on Covid-19 on NHS.UK.