Contact this office for:
- birth registrations
- death registrations
- corrections and re-registrations
- certificate production
- nationality checking service appointments
- enquiries and ceremony bookings for marriages and civil partnerships
- giving notice of intention for marriage or civil partnership ceremonies
- citizenship ceremonies
The register office at 317 Harrow Road W9 has reopened for pre arranged birth and notice of marriage/civil partnership appointments only. Death and still birth registrations are being registered by telephone.
Click here to book a birth or notice appointment.
Click here to book an appointment to register by telephone.
The telephone service is in operation from Monday to Friday 9am to 4pm.
Telephone: 020 7641 7500
Address for postal service only: 317 Harrow Road, London, W9 3RJ
Christmas and New Year opening hours
- Monday 21 - Wednesday 23 December - Harrow Road, open 9am - 4:30pm
- Thursday 24 December - Harrow Road office will be closed, telephone line open 9am - 4.00pm, 020 7641 7500
- Friday 25 December - Closed, no service
- Saturday 26 - Monday 28 December - Closed, emergency death out of hours service 9-12pm, 020 7641 1310
- Tuesday 29 - Wednesday 30 December - Harrow Road, open 8:45am - 4:30pm
- Thursday 31 December - Harrow Road office will be closed, telephone line open 9am - 4.00pm, 020 7641 7500
- Friday 1 - Sunday 3 January - Closed, emergency death out of hours service 9-12pm, 020 7641 1310
Emergency death registration service
An emergency service for the registration of deaths (for example, religious reasons) is available on Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays between 9am and midday.
To contact a registrar between these hours please telephone 020 7641 1310.
Please note, that the Coroner’s service is not open at weekends or on bank holidays. If a death has to be referred to the Coroner (for example, if a post mortem is required) the registrars will not be able to register the death until the coroner’s office reopens.