About Westminster Family Hubs
Family Hubs are a new way of bringing together all the support you may need as a family from pregnancy through to young people turning 19 (or 25 if they have a disability).
In Westminster we have three Family Hubs. There should be one in walking distance, or a short bus ride, of where you live.
There is a children’s centre in each of the Family Hubs with all the activities for very young children as well as a wider range of support for families with children of older ages.
Your Family Hub will be able to give you information and support such as:
- advice on benefits, debt and other money issues
- advice on housing
- breastfeeding support and baby groups
- family learning
- family therapy clinic
- groups for families where someone has a mental health issue
- health visiting
- help to return to work or training
- help with children’s emotional well-being
- parenting courses
- play, early learning and school holiday activities
- support around SEN and disability
- support if you are experiencing domestic abuse
- support for children’s transitions into and between schools, and engaging with learning
- young carer support
- young people’s groups and opportunities
Family Hubs are run by the services that support you from health, council and the voluntary sector working together in a more joined-up way, to give you the right help at the right time.