Consultation on admission arrangements 2023/24
Find out about consultations on changes to school admissions across City of Westminster schools.
Published: 18 November 2021
Last updated: 18 November 2021
When a consultation can occur
Every school and academy will have admission arrangements in place which sets out how applicants are considered for a place. If there are more applications than places available at a school or academy, the admission criteria they use will decide the order of priority.
If a school or academy decide they want to change how they offer their places, the law requires that they carry out a consultation a year before they are due to change.
Consultations that will be shown on this page and will apply to children that will be due to start either reception or Year 7 or secondary school from September 2023. The period of consultation must take place for 6 weeks or more and end by 31 January 2022.
A consultation process allows any concerns about the changes to be raised. The law expects schools/academies to bring their consultation to the attention of:
- parents of children between the ages of two and eighteen
- other persons in the area who have an interest in the proposed arrangements
- all other school/academies within the local area
- the local authority (City of Westminster)
- any neighbouring local authorities
- any relevant faith bodies (e.g. the local diocese).
If you have any queries, please call the admissions team on 020 7745 6433 or email [email protected]