Starting secondary school from September 2024
Find out the how the application process works for your child's application to secondary school from September 2024.
Published: 11 January 2021
Last updated: 6 September 2023
Primary to secondary transfer
If your child will be in Year 6 of primary school from September 2023, you will be starting the process of applying for a secondary school to start from September 2024.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 31 October 2023.
In order for you to be fully informed of the applications process, and how to find out more about the schools you may be interested in applying to, a handy Hints and Tips leaflet is available. A more detailed online brochure includes further information about individual schools and how they offer places.
This leaflet answers the most frequently asked questions and includes:
- all the visiting dates and open evenings for Westminster secondary schools
- dates for ability banding and aptitude tests which some schools run
This brochure includes:
- the process of applying for schools and what happens after
- oversubscription criteria for all Westminster secondary schools
- how places were offered in the previous year
- useful information to assist in the transition from primary to secondary school
If your need a paper application form, or require some further guidance on the process, please call 020 7745 6433 (weekdays, 9am to 2pm) or email [email protected]