Triple P parenting programme
The Positive Parenting Programme has been proven to enhance parents’ abilities when managing their children’s behaviour. It does this by promoting understanding of children’s development and gives tools and strategies on increasing respectful behaviour and how to manage misbehaviour.
Triple P is a multi-level intervention programme and parents can be invited to attend a series of seminars (3 90-minute workshops), refer for group sessions or individual one-on-one interventions.
Triple P courses help you to:
- encourage your child’s development
- manage your children’s behaviour in a useful and caring way
- recognise causes of common behaviour problems
- encourage desirable behaviour in your children
- increase your self confidence.
Once you’ve completed a Triple P course, it should be easier to:
- build positive relationships with your child
- set rules and give instructions your children will follow
- build upon your skills and techniques for dealing with difficult behaviour
- praise and encourage behaviour you like.
All Triple P course aim to build positive relationships between parents and their children.
Triple P 2 to 12
An 8-week programme (including group and phone or drop-in sessions) offered to parents with children aged 2 to 12 years old who live in Westminster or attend a school in Westminster.
Triple P teen
An 8-week programme (including group and phone or drop-in sessions) which helps parents develop different ways of coping and strategies for dealing with a variety of adolescent problems within a supportive group atmosphere.
Triple P group stepping stones
A 9-week programme (including group and phone or drop-in sessions) for parents with children who are aged 2 to 12 years and who have disabilities.