Mellow Parenting is a 13-week programme which supports families facing relationship problems with children aged 5 or younger.
Meeting once a week, the programme combines personal support on parenting problems through videos and direct work with families.
The programme consists of:
- an emphasis on parental engagement and empowerment
- separate groups for parents and children
- shared lunch time for children, parents and staff
- lap games and songs to promote mutual enjoyment
- individual analysis of video tape showing family mealtime
- activities and outings to practice and build up new skills
- structured parenting workshops
- homework practice to reinforce new skills
- built-in objective and subjective measures of change