Your ceremony booking is accepted under the below terms and conditions and on the agreement that you accept the cancellation and amendment fees below.
- No legal impediment to the marriage or civil partnership exists and Legal Preliminaries are completed within statutory time limits.
- Any foreign divorce/dissolution papers are accepted by the Registrar General where applicable.
- The balance of ceremony fees is payable either at the time of booking or four months prior to the date of the ceremony, whichever is the nearer date to the day of the ceremony.
- All required documentation is presented to Westminster Register Office prior to the ceremony date. Where either or both parties to a marriage ceremony have conducted their legal preliminaries outside of the Westminster Registration District, it is the responsibility of the parties to ensure that Westminster Registration Service has the required Authorities for Marriage in advance of the ceremony.
- The ceremony is of a dignified nature, to reflect the occasion, and legally compliant. Westminster Registration Office has the final decision on any wording and the content of the ceremony from start to finish.
- You provide two witnesses who are over the age of 16 and fluent in English to witness the marriage/civil partnership. Please note Westminster Registration Service staff cannot act as witnesses.
- Both parties will be available to meet with the Registrars at the ceremony venue no later than 15 minutes before the ceremony start time. In the event of late arrival and if your ceremony is likely to start later than 10 minutes after the allocated start time, your ceremony will be subject to rescheduling to a different time in order to accommodate our commitments with other ceremonies.
- If you hold a non UK passport and you are entering the UK to have a marriage or civil partnership ceremony the onus is on you to ensure you are entering the country on the correct visa. Visit GOV.UK for more information.
- Please note: It is an offence under sec.25(1) of the Immigration Act 1971 to enter into a marriage to help facilitate a stay in the United Kingdom. If a ceremony does not go ahead due to the UK Border Agency intervening, no refund is applicable.
If you do not comply with the above conditions, we do have the right to remove your booking from our diary and you will be subject to the cancellation fees below.
Cancellation and amendment conditions and fees
||More than four months before the ceremony
||Less than four months, but more than one month before the ceremony
||Less than one month before the ceremony
The customer may apply for a refund of the ceremony fee (if paid), minus the current non refundable booking fee (£75).
The customer may apply for a refund of the ceremony fee, minus £120.
||If the ceremony is cancelled within 1 month of the date of the ceremony, no refund is applicable.
|Amending date/time of ceremony
||An amendment fee of £25 is charged for each date and/or time change that is made to the original booking.
||An amendment fee of £120 is charged for each date and/or time change that is made to the original booking.
||If the date and/or time of the ceremony is changed less than one month before the ceremony, no fees will be transferred to the new date.
To cancel a ceremony
We ask that all requests to cancel a ceremony are placed in writing, preferably by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to include the full details of the ceremony booking (booking reference number, date, time, venue and your full names).
To apply for a refund
Before requesting a refund, please confirm using the table above that you qualify to do so. Please also note the applicable fee to be refunded. All refunds must be applied for before the ceremony date. Refund requests received after the ceremony date cannot be considered.
All refunds must be applied for in writing via email to email@example.com
You will need to include the full details of the ceremony booking (the booking reference number, date, time, venue and your full names), the method and date of payment and transaction authorisation code which can be found on your payment receipt.