Advertisement consent

Proposal type

Illuminated advertisement signs such as fascia signs, projecting signs, advertisement hoardings and canopies attached to shop front that contain an advertisement.

Note: If the building is listed, listed building consent will also be required for the proposed advertisement (whether illuminated or not).

A canopy to a shopfront with no advertisements requires planning permission.

Making an application

The quickest and easiest way to submit a planning application is online via the Planning Portal.

Apply online

Checklist for advertisement consent

Download advertisement consent application form - if you aren't applying online, you will need to post this application to the address on the form.

More information

Read more information on application forms and how to avoid delays with processing your application.

Last updated: 28 March 2018