The Active Westminster Mark is a 2-year endorsement awarded by the council to independent coaches, clubs or organisations. Those who have been awarded the mark have proven to provide a quality sports and leisure service by meeting by a range of quality standards set by the Active Westminster partnership, including health and safety, coaching qualifications and insurance.
Benefits of joining
Those awarded the Active Westminster Mark can enjoy benefits of this accreditation including the use of a recognised stamp to help promote leisure activities to the local community. Other benefits include:
- 25% discount on fees, and priority bookings at Westminster facilities for junior provision
- increased access to training and development for your workforce
- development support from Active Westminster, Team Westminster Active and London Sport
- opportunities to be involved in Westminster initiatives including the London Youth Games, holiday camps, ongoing community sports work and other Active Westminster Mark organisations
- inclusion in Westminster-wide marketing and communications to raise your organisation’s profile
- enhanced links to the local community including schools and national governing bodies for sport
- the opportunity to be involved in the delivery of wider partnership objectives
How to apply
The Active Westminster Mark is open to coaches, not-for-profit groups and private providers that provide sports and physical activities in Westminster.
To start your application process, please fill in an expression of interest form by clicking the button below. We will then get in touch with further information.
Express your interest
On completion of the process we will provide you with a certificate of confirmation, and Westminster logos to add to your promotional literature which will highlight that you have achieved the Mark.
Re-accreditation is required every two years and we will continue to work with you to provide you with the support you need.
Some things to bear in mind:
- coaches, clubs and organisations are responsible for keeping their information up-to-date and presenting it for re-accreditation every two years
- whilst accreditation acknowledges you meet minimum delivery and operating standards, you may still be asked by other user groups like schools for evidence of this (eg DBS certificate)
- clubs and organisations who wish to operate in schools should register with Capre (Children's Activity Professionals Register) to compliment their Active Westminster Mark accreditation as schools are advised to work with clubs and organisations on this register
- those looking to work as deliverers in school PPA time are required to pass a physical education and school sport course delivered by 1st4sport qualifications