The Active Westminster Mark is a 2-year endorsement mark which shows Westminster residents that independent coaches, clubs or organisations:
- provide a quality sports and leisure service
- meet a range of quality standards set by the Active Westminster partnership including health and safety, coaching qualifications and insurance
Being awarded the Active Westminster Mark entitles independent coaches, clubs or organisations to many benefits including the use of a recognised stamp to help you attract residents who are choosing a leisure activity in their local area.
Benefits of joining
- 25% discount on fees, and priority bookings at Westminster facilities for junior provision or 15% if you're a private organisation
- increased access to training and development for your workforce
- development support from Westminster Sports Unit, Volunteer Centre Westminster, Westminster Action for Voluntary Organisations and Pro Active Central London
- opportunities to be involved in Westminster initiatives including the London Youth Games, holiday camps, ongoing community sports work and other Active Westminster Mark organisations
- inclusion in Westminster-wide marketing and communications to raise your organisation’s profile
- enhanced links to the local community and national governing bodies for sport
- the opportunity to be involved in the delivery of wider partnership objectives
How to apply
The Active Westminster Mark is open to coaches, not-for-profit groups and private providers that provide sports and physical activities in Westminster.
To start your application process, please fill in an expression of interest form by clicking the button below. We will then get in touch with further information.
Express your interest
On completion of the process we will provide you with a certificate of confirmation, and Westminster logos to add to your promotional literature which will highlight that you have achieved the Mark.
Re-accreditation is required every two years and the Westminster Sports Unit will continue to work with you and provide support to help.
- coaches, clubs and organisations are responsible for keeping their information up-to-date and presenting it for re-accreditation every two years
- whilst accreditation acknowledges you meet minimum delivery and operating standards, you may still be asked by other user groups like schools for evidence of this (eg DBS certificate)
- clubs and organisations who wish to operate in schools should register with Capre (Children's Activity Professionals Register) to compliment their Active Westminster Mark accreditation as schools are advised to work with clubs and organisations on this register
- those looking to work as deliverers in school PPA time are required to pass a physical education and school sport course delivered by 1st4sport qualifications
Last updated: 14 October 2016