Making a claim against the council
If you are a third party solicitor and wish to submit a new Employer's Liability (EL), Public Liability (PL) or Road Traffic Accident (RTA) claim against the council through the claims portal, the council's portal code is: G01066.
If you are a claimant in person and wish to make a liability claim against the council please submit a letter of claim to the council’s Insurance team at [email protected]
Please do not send any correspondence to the council's Insurance Service by post until further notice as the team are currently working remotely, in line with GOV UK coronavirus guidance.
The information needed in a letter of claim is defined in law and should include the following information:
- claimant’s name and address
- claimant’s date of birth
- claimant’s National Insurance number
- details of the incident such as exact location and date and time it occurred
- an indication of the injury or damage to property
- a detailed explanation of how or why you feel the council has acted negligently
- if you are making a highways claim, it will help if you complete a highways claim form.
If you are making a highways claim, it will help if you complete a highways claim form.
If you are making a housing claim in relation to damage, it will help if you complete a housing claim form.