Churchill ward by-election 6 May 2021
Find out how to register to vote in the election of the Churchill Ward Councillor.
Published: 29 March 2021
Last updated: 9 April 2021
The information shown below, in respect of Voting in the by-election and the Key Dates for the by-election, is the same as for the Mayor of London and London Assembly elections which are also taking place on 6 May.
Voting in the by-election
To vote in this by-election you must:
- be registered to vote
- be at least 18 years old on the day of the election
- be a British citizen, a European Union citizen or a Commonwealth citizen who has or does not require leave to remain in the UK
Remember, being registered with the council for services and paying council tax will not automatically include you on the electoral register.
British citizens living overseas can’t vote in the local by-election.
- Monday 19 April 2021 - deadline to register to vote
- 5pm on Tuesday 20 April 2021 - deadline for new postal vote applications and for changes to existing postal or proxy votes
- 5pm on Tuesday 27 April 2021 - deadline for receiving new applications to vote by proxy (not postal proxy or emergency proxy)
A proxy is a person who votes on behalf of another voter. The proxy must be eligible to vote at this election.
Polling day takes place on Thursday 6 May 2021 from 7am to 10pm and in Churchill ward is combined with voting for the Mayor of London and London Assembly elections.