A guide to making an online payment
Please see below for a step by step guide to making an online payment to the City Council.
Westminster supports the Government's Get Safe Online campaign.
1. Which services accept online payments?
Please check the the list of available online payments. Click on the name of the payment you wish to make to begin.
2. Are your PC & Internet Browser compatible?
To use our online payments service your browser must support 128-bit encryption strength. If your browser does not support this level of encryption technology, you will not be able to pay for services online.
The procedure for checking this setting varies according to the software you have installed but for most people, you can show the level of encryption supported by clicking 'Help' then 'About' on your Browser toolbar, then checking the 'Cipher Strength' (Internet Explorer) or 'Version Support' (Netscape) values. This screen normally provides a link to download any software you may require. All versions of Mozilla Firefox support the required level of encryption, as does Safari.
3. Get ready to make your payment
Please ensure that you have all the relevant account numbers, invoices or other related documentation to hand as it is likely you will be asked for this information. You need to have a valid credit or debit card in order to make the payment. We welcome these payment options:
Please note that we cannot accept credit card payments for Council Tax.
Please contact the appropriate service if you wish to pay by cheque or any other credit or debit card.
4. Make the payment
- Please click on the appropriate link to take you to the payment option required.
- We will ask you for details about yourself, and about the payment you wish to make - please complete the form carefully.
- We will transfer you to our bankers secure site to take the actual payment. Our external banking service is protected by advanced levels of encryption technology to protect your personal information. Other people will not be able to intercept your banking details. Users who are unable to access our bankers site should check their pc's compatibility (read Point 2 above). Customers who are concerned about a breach in security should contact the Web team.
- Once your payment has been accepted, you will be returned to the Westminster Web site where your payment will be completed.
Confirmation of your payment will be displayed on the screen. We can also send you an email confirming your payment for your records if you have a valid email account. Contact details for the appropriate service should you have any queries relating to your online payment will also be displayed.
Please contact the Webmaster should you experience any problems or require more information regarding our online payments facility.
Was this useful?
Whatever your interest, Westminster City Council welcomes and encourages you to get in touch with suggestions for improvements to the site. Please tell us how useful this page was to you.