Notting Hill Carnival 2012
Sunday 26 and Monday 27 August 2012
The council is committed to ensuring that this great event runs smoothly, whilst making sure that our residents' lives are disrupted as little as possible.
During the event, Westminster's parking team is responsible for:
- arranging parking bay suspensions;
- protecting residents' parking in the area around the main Carnival route; and
- enforcing against vehicles parked in contravention of the parking regulations.
To facilitate this, the following will occur -
Extension of Parking Controls
In order to protect residents' parking in the areas around the main Carnival site and route, the council has applied for a Temporary Traffic Order to extend parking controls. Non-residents are strongly advised not to bring their vehicles into central London over the bank holiday weekend. Temporary signs will be erected in these streets with full details for all drivers in the area.
There will be a large number of parking bays suspended over the Carnival weekend Most of these suspended bays will be residents' parking bays. You cannot park in suspended bays during the dates and times indicated on the corresponding suspension notices.
The following streets will be affected -
- Aldridge Road Villas W11
- Artesian Road W2 (between the junctions with Northumberland Place and Chepstow Road only)
- Bridstow Place W2
- Chepstow Road W2
- Elgin Avenue W9 (between the junctions with Harrow Road and Chippenham Road only)
- Great Western Road W9 and W11
- Hereford Road W2 (between the junctions with Talbot Road and Westbourne Grove only)
- Kilburn Lane (between the junctions with Chamberlain Road and Banister Road only)
- Leamington Road Villas W11
- Ledbury Road W11 (between the junctions with Westbourne Park Road and Westbourne Grove only)
- Moorhouse Road W2
- Needham Road W11
- Shrewsbury Road W2
- Sutherland Place W2
- St. Luke's Road W11
- St. Stephen's Gardens W2 (between the junctions with Shrewsbury Road and Chepstow Road, and with Chepstow Road and Westbourne Park Road)
- Talbot Road W2 (between the junctions with Ledbury Road and Hereford Place)
- Tavistock Crescent W11
- Tavistock Road W11
- Westbourne Grove W11 (between the junctions with Ledbury Road and Chepstow Road)
- Westbourne Park Road W11 and W2 (between the junctions with St. Luke's Road and St. Stephen's Gardens only)
- Westbourne Park Villas W9
- Woodfield Place W9
- Woodfield Road W9
Alternative Parking Provision
Unfortunately, due to a lack of alternative casual parking nearby, the City Council will not be able to provide alternative on-street parking for affected residents.
For more information on these suspensions or on the Council's suspension service in general, please visit http://www.westminster.gov.uk/transportandstreets/parking/. Alternatively, please call the Parking helpline on 020 7823 4567.
Was this useful?
Whatever your interest, Westminster City Council welcomes and encourages you to get in touch with suggestions for improvements to the site. Please tell us how useful this page was to you.