Notting Hill Carnival 2013
Sunday 25 and Monday 26 August 2013
Resident booklet - information on the Notting Hill Carnival for residents.
Visitors should see the Notting Hill Carnival website for visitor information.
Clean-up - register to have your front garden cleaned
Some residents will be eligible to have their front garden or basement cleaned of litter following Carnival. Find out if you're eligible and register for this service.
For more information call the Environmental Action Line 020 7641 2000.
Non-residents are strongly advised not to bring their vehicles into central London over the bank holiday weekend. Some parking bays around the main Carnival site and route will temporarily be only available to local residents in the evening and over the weekend. Please see on-street signage for details or view this map to see which parking bays are affected or find out more about resident parking.
No vehicles are permitted access to the Carnival area after 9am each day.
Please leave it as late as possible before driving vehicles back into the Carnival area.
A large number of parking bays will be suspended over the Carnival weekend
Most of these suspended bays will be residents' parking bays.
You cannot park in suspended bays during the dates and times shown on the on-street suspension notices.
The following streets will be affected:
- Aldridge Road Villas W11
- Artesian Road W2 (between the junctions with Northumberland Place and Chepstow Road only)
- Bridstow Place W2
- Chepstow Road W2
- Elgin Avenue W9 (between the junctions with Harrow Road and Chippenham Road only)
- Great Western Road W9 and W11
- Hereford Road W2 (between the junctions with Talbot Road and Westbourne Grove only)
- Kilburn Lane (between the junctions with Chamberlain Road and Banister Road only)
- Leamington Road Villas W11
- Ledbury Road W11 (between the junctions with Westbourne Park Road and Westbourne Grove only)
- Moorhouse Road W2
- Needham Road W11
- Shrewsbury Road W2
- Sutherland Place W2
- St. Luke's Road W11
- St. Stephen's Gardens W2 (between the junctions with Shrewsbury Road and Chepstow Road, and with Chepstow Road and Westbourne Park Road)
- Talbot Road W2 (between the junctions with Ledbury Road and Hereford Place)
- Tavistock Crescent W11
- Tavistock Road W11
- Westbourne Grove W11 (between the junctions with Ledbury Road and Chepstow Road)
- Westbourne Park Road W11 and W2 (between the junctions with St. Luke's Road and St. Stephen's Gardens only)
- Westbourne Park Villas W9
- Woodfield Place W9
- Woodfield Road W9
For more information on parking suspensions please call the parking helpline on 020 7823 4567.
Noise levels will be monitored by council officers. If levels are too loud the sound system operator will be required to adjust the volume. If you feel that the noise from a sound system is too loud in your home, please call 020 7641 2000.
All static sound systems operators behave responsibly and close down by
7pm and the councils wish to ensure this is maintained.
All music on the route will stop by the planned closure of the Carnival at 8.30pm.
Was this useful?
Whatever your interest, Westminster City Council welcomes and encourages you to get in touch with suggestions for improvements to the site. Please tell us how useful this page was to you.