Subject to formal planning approval, Moberly and Jubilee Sports Centres will merge to create a new £17million centre at Moberly for Queen’s Park and a smaller community sports facility at Jubilee.
Following extensive consultation, a planning application has been submitted to Westminster City Council’s Planning department for the redevelopment of the Jubilee site, which will include 12 replacement affordable homes and a community sports facility.
A separate planning application has also been submitted to Westminster City Council for the improvements to Queen’s Park Gardens which will include an upgrade of the “free to access” games area and new outdoor gym equipment. Once the application is registered we will send you details.
A planning application has also been submitted to Brent Council’s Planning department for the Moberly sports centre, however these documents are not online yet. Once this application is live online, we will add the link and application reference.
There will now follow a statutory consultation period for each application, run by each planning department. If you would like to comment on the Jubilee planning application, you can search for the application here using the reference 13/12250/FULL.
The proposals will bring you new sports and leisure facilities across four locations in Queen's Park worth £19 million. This means your local sports and leisure facilities will increase by approximately 40%.
• State-of-the-art community leisure centre at the Moberly site including two swimming pools (25m main pool and a teaching pool), 8 court sports hall, boxing hall, multi-use hall, health suite and gym
• New community sports facility on the Jubilee site including a 3 court sports hall and flexible community and activity space
• Upgraded outdoor synthetic football pitch at St. Augustine's School
• Upgraded games area and new outdoor gym which will be free to use at Queen’s Park Gardens
At over 7,000 sq metres, the new sports centre will be larger than both Moberly and Jubilee combined offering two new swimming pool and improved facilities:
• A 25m swimming pool plus an additional studio pool with a moveable floor to provide flexible use
• An 8-court sports hall with seating for 500 spectators for wider community and competition uses
• A large health and fitness facility
• Three exercise/dance studios
• A multi-use hall including martial arts
• A community activity room for meetings
• A multi sensory, soft play provision for children’s parties
• A boxing hall facility
• A spa and health suite
• A cafe
We’re working in partnership with Willmott Dixon Regen Ltd to deliver the new facilities, worth £19 million. We're funding it largely through the development of 155 new homes including high quality replacement affordable homes.
|Planning applications submitted||Winter 2013|
|Work starts on redeveloping Moberly leisure centre||Summer 2014|
|Moberly complete and Jubilee begins||Summer 2016|
The timeline is subject to the planning process and may change.
To receive regular email updates on Moberly and Jubilee, please email email@example.com
Community groups and clubs
If you are a community group who currently uses the facilities at Moberly, we can help you to find an alternative venue during the refurbishment. We will also help groups who use Jubilee to find new venues following the redevelopment.
Speak to leisure centre staff or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We will continue to offer affordable sports and leisure activities and membership packages.
Jubilee Sports Centre will remain open whilst Moberly is being redeveloped and a full timetable for redevelopment will be available once the planning applications are submitted.
During the building work you can also use nearby centres:
Whatever your interest, Westminster City Council welcomes and encourages you to get in touch with suggestions for improvements to the site. Please tell us how useful this page was to you.