Subject to formal planning approval, Moberly and Jubilee Sports Centres will merge to create one new improved centre at Moberly for Queen’s Park.
Following the public exhbiitions in May, the team has been analysing feedback and working with local people to act on it.
To view the latest plans take a look at the exhibition boards.
Please note that plans are constantly updated throughout the design and pre-planning stages.
The planning application will be submitted this winter and details will be available here. You will also have a chance to see the final plans at Moberly leisure centre.
The proposals will bring you new sport and leisure facilities across four locations in Queen's Park worth £19 million. This means your local sport and leisure facilities will increase by approximately 40%.
• State-of-the-art community leisure centre at the Moberly site including two swimming pools (25m main pool and a teaching pool), eight court sports hall, boxing hall, multi-use hall, health suite and gym
• New community sports facility on the Jubilee site including a three-court sports hall and flexible community and activity space
• Upgraded outdoor synthetic football pitchat St. Augustine's School
• Upgraded games area and outdoor gym which will be free to use at Queen’s Park Gardens
At around 6,000 sq metres, the new sports centre will be larger than both Moberly and Jubilee combined offering a new swimming pool and improved facilities:
• A 25m swimming pool plus an additional teaching pool with a movable floor to provide flexible use
• An 8-court sports hall with seating for 500 spectators for wider community and competition uses
• A large health and fitness facility
• Three exercise/ dance studios
• A gymnastics/multi use hall including martial arts
• A community room for meetings, multi sensory, soft play and children’s parties
• A boxing hall facility
• A spa and health suite
We’re working in partnership with Willmott Dixon Regen Ltd to deliver the new facilities, worth £19 million, at no cost to residents. We're funding it through the development of approx 156 new homes including high quality replacement affordable homes.
|Planning applications submitted||Winter 2013|
|Work starts on redeveloping Moberly leisure centre||Spring 2014|
|Moberly complete and Jubilee begins||Spring 2016|
The timeline is subject to the planning process and may change.
To receive regular email updates on Moberly and Jubilee, please email email@example.com.
Community groups and clubs
If you are a community group who currently uses the facilities at Moberly, we can help you to find an alternative venue during the refurbishment. We will also help groups who use Jubilee to find new venues following the redevelopment.
Speak to leisure centre staff or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We will continue to offer affordable sport and leisure activities and membership packages.
Jubilee Sports Centre will remain open whilst Moberly is being redeveloped and a full timetable for redevelopment will be available once the planning applications are submitted.
During the building work you can also use nearby centres:
Whatever your interest, Westminster City Council welcomes and encourages you to get in touch with suggestions for improvements to the site. Please tell us how useful this page was to you.