Subject to formal planning approval, Moberly and Jubilee Sports Centres will merge to create one new improved centre at Moberly for Queen’s Park.
To view the latest plans take a look at the exhibition boards.
• State-of-the-art community leisure centre at the Moberly site including two swimming pools (25m main pool and a teaching pool), eight court sports hall, boxing hall, multi-use hall, health suite and gym
• New community sports facility on the Jubilee site including a three-court sports hall and flexible community and activity space
• Upgraded outdoor synthetic football pitch – location to be confirmed
• Upgraded games area and outdoor gym which will be free to use at Queen’s Park Gardens
At 6,000 sq metres, the new sports centre will be larger than both Moberly and Jubilee combined offering a new swimming pool and improved facilities:
• A 25m swimming pool with teaching pool- the teaching pool has a movable floor to provide flexible use
• An 8 court sports hall- 500 spectator seating –for wider community and competition uses
• A large health and fitness facility
• Two exercise/ dance studios
• A gymnastics/ multi use hall- including martial arts
• A community room- meetings, multi sensory, children’s parties
• A boxing hall facility
• A spa and health suite
We’re working in partnership with Willmott Dixon Regen Ltd to deliver the new facilities, worth £19 million, at no cost to residents – enabled by the development of 156 new homes including high quality affordable homes.
Following on from the drop-in sessions last week, the exhibition boards showing the latest plans can be found here.
|Planning applications submitted||Winter 2013|
|Work starts on redeveloping Moberly leisure centre||Spring 2014|
|Moberly complete and Jubilee begins||Spring 2016|
The timeline is subject to the planning process.
To receive regular email updates on Moberly and Jubilee, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a community group who currently uses the facilities at Moberly, we can help you to find an alternative venue during the refurbishment. We will also help groups who use Jubilee to find new venues.
Call your leisure centre or email email@example.com.
We will continue to offer affordable sport and leisure activities and membership packages.
Jubilee Sports Centre will remain open whilst Moberly is being redeveloped and a full timetable for redevelopment will be available shortly.
You can also use nearby centres:
Whatever your interest, Westminster City Council welcomes and encourages you to get in touch with suggestions for improvements to the site. Please tell us how useful this page was to you.