If you might become homeless
Don't leave it too late before you talk to us
People threatened with homelessness often leave it to the last minute before contacting us.
Don't postpone, talk to the Housing Options Service today if you might become homeless.
This way we are more likely to be able to help you and prevent you becoming homeless.
We will work with you to find a solution to your housing problem to stop you from losing your home in the first place.
How we can help
- If you are a private tenant or leaseholder we can help to resolve disputes with your landlord to prevent or delay your eviction
- If you are living with relatives or friends, we will mediate on your behalf to try and keep you in your home
- We can help you claim housing benefit to clear your rent arrears and prevent your eviction
- We can provide information about low cost home ownership
- We can provide information about accessing hostels and private rented accommodation
- We can see if you are eligible for a load from our Eviction Prevention Fund which offers small interest free loans to reduce or clear rent arrears.
Read our leaflet Taking Control of your Finances
Was this useful?
Whatever your interest, Westminster City Council welcomes and encourages you to get in touch with suggestions for improvements to the site. Please tell us how useful this page was to you.