Cash Incentive Scheme
Is your home too big to manage?
We will give you cash to move to a smaller home.
We can offer you:
- highest priority when choosing a new home
- £3,000 for every bedroom you give up if you are above the pension credit age
- £1,000 for every bedroom you give up if you are below the pension credit age
- £2,000 towards removal and decorating costs
- help every step of the way.
What is the Cash Incentive Scheme?
- Cash payments to council tenants with more rooms than they need to help them move to smaller properties more suitable to their needs.
- This helps us to reduce the number of people living in overcrowded accommodation or temporary homes, who are in desperate need of a larger home.
- Your children have grown up and moved away
- You want to move closer to friends or family
- You have difficulty using the stairs or would like cheaper utility bills
- You want to move out of London - click here to find out more about the Seaside and Country Homes Scheme.
Overcrowding in London
- Did you know that over 1,000 households in Westminster are living in overcrowded accommodation?
- The effects of overcrowding are felt most by children and young people and can be damaging to their health and education
- Overcrowded housing in London is on the rise and we urgently need family sized council or housing association properties
- Call 020 7641 1000 (ask for Steve Payne, Cash Incentive Officer)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit your local estate office
- Visit the Housing Options Service at 101 Orchardson Street, London, NW8 8EA
- Contact a Cash Incentive Officer
Housing Application Form (868 kb)Use this form to apply for housing with Westminster Council
Was this useful?
Whatever your interest, Westminster City Council welcomes and encourages you to get in touch with suggestions for improvements to the site. Please tell us how useful this page was to you.