Shaping a healthier future
A consultation by NHS North West London
NHS North West London is recommending changes to the way healthcare is provided to:
- services outside of hospitals
- some services at the following hospitals: Chelsea and Westminster, Central Middlesex, Charing Cross, Ealing, Hammersmith, Hillingdon, Northwick Park, St. Mary’s and West Middlesex.
The consultation ends on 8th October 2012.
Public meeting - 1st October
We want to help local people to have their say on these proposals so that the views of Westminster residents are represented in the consultation results. This meeting is your chance to hear from the NHS and local hospitals, consider your views on the proposals and give your feedback. Take a look at the agenda.
Date: Monday 1st October
Venue: Westminster Academy, The Naim Dangoor Centre, 255 Harrow Road, London, W2 5EZ (Paddington or Royal Oak stations or 18 and 36 buses).
Please register your interest in attending this meeting by emailing email@example.com
How to have your say
See the NHS North West London consultation document for details of the proposals.
Key consultation areas
- whether you support or oppose the alternative services being put in place in community settings to provide quality care closer to home and reduce the need to go to hospital
- which five hospitals should become Major Hospitals with A&E, Obstetrics and Paediatrics, and which should be Local Hospitals with a 24/7 Urgent Care Department
- whether you support or oppose changes being proposed by Imperial College Health Trust to transfer eye services from Western Eye Hospital and the Hyperacute Stroke Unit from Charing Cross to St Mary’s Hospital.
- two of the three options for major hospital groupings include St Mary’s and Chelsea & Westminster. It is still important to have your say as the consultation is across North West London: views expressed by people in other boroughs are pooled with those from Westminster
- if St Mary’s Hospital continues as a major hospital, Westminster residents are likely to be impacted by the hospital providing more services and receiving more patients. St Mary’s will need substantial investment to reconfigure and upgrade its facilities to accommodate the extra capacity required and provide a good patient experience.
Find out more
Go to a consultation event on Saturday 6th October. Drop-in between 10am and 4pm at Hinde Street Methodist Church, 19 Thayer Street, London, W1U 2QJ.
Was this useful?
Whatever your interest, Westminster City Council welcomes and encourages you to get in touch with suggestions for improvements to the site. Please tell us how useful this page was to you.