Tips for recycling more at home
Squash down bottles, cans and boxes to help you fit more into your recycling bag or container.
- Help your flatmate/family by writing a list of what you can recycle for the fridge door.
- If you forget to put your recycling out on your collection day you can still recycle it at your nearest recycling centre.
- Shop around for a handy storage container if you prefer to use the micro recycling centres.
- Remember shampoo bottles, toilet roll tubes and clean aluminium foil can all be recycled. Check the full list of what you can put into your mixed recycling.
Mobile recycling centre
Bring your unwanted items, including small electrical items, books, tapes and discs, to the mobile recycling centre at Pimlico Academy every Sunday between 10:30 and 16:00
Chichester Street entrance
Lupus Street, London, SW1V 3AT
Micro recycling centres
At selected recycling bins across the City we accept:
- small electrical appliances
- books for reuse/recycling
- mixed textiles: worn or unworn clothes, shoes, bags, belts and fabric
- mixed paper & card
- plastic bottles, cartons and food tins & drink cans
- mixed recycling (mixed paper & card,cartons, food tins & drink cans, plastic bottles, glass bottles & jars).
Find your nearest recycling bin - Recycle Now
Mobile phones, light bulbs, water filters, fridges and more can also be recycled. For a full list of items that you can and cannot recycle see the A-Z of Recycling.
To help you find your nearest recycling point download a Recycling Guide onto your mobile phone.
For more ideas on how to reduce or reuse your waste visit Westminster's Information portal.
Was this useful?
Whatever your interest, Westminster City Council welcomes and encourages you to get in touch with suggestions for improvements to the site. Please tell us how useful this page was to you.