Starting Primary School
Full details about Westminster primary schools and how to apply for a school place are contained within the Westminster primary school admissions brochure, Westminster - your choice for primary education. Copies will be available from the Admissions Team or you can download an electronic copy here from September 2013. The admission criteria for each school in Westminster are contained within the brochure and are also available online by clicking here.
- Westminster residents you must apply on Westminster City Council's common application form. We recommend you apply online - click here for further information. If you prefer to submit a paper application, a form can be downloaded here or obtained from schools or the Schools Admissions Team.
- Parents living outside of Westminster wishing to apply for a Westminster school must apply through their home borough.
- The closing date for applications is 15th January 2014. Paper forms must be received by the Admissions Team by 5pm on 15th January 2014. Online applications will be accepted up to 11:59pm on 15th January.
- Most church schools have an additional supplementary form to complete. These are available from the schools direct or can be downloaded here.
- Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications by letter from their home local authority sent on 16th April 2014. Online applicants will be sent an email notifying them of the outcome of their applications during the evening of 16th April.
Forms and Guidance Notes
- Westminster - your choice for primary education (English) admissions brochure (PDF)
- Westminster Common Application Form (PDF)
- Westminster Common Application Form (MS Word)
- Hints and tips - applying for primary school for reception year entry in September 2014
- Westminster's Primary Schools Coordinated Admissions Scheme
Was this useful?
Whatever your interest, Westminster City Council welcomes and encourages you to get in touch with suggestions for improvements to the site. Please tell us how useful this page was to you.