Terms and conditions
A ‘find my nearest’ or 'Auto Response' text message will cost you 25p + your standard network charges.
In the unlikely event you do not get a text response from Westminster City Council:
- You are not in the Westminster area (this service only works if you, and the service you are trying to locate are within the Westminster area).
- You are out of range (i.e. on the underground, in a lift etc) This will happen even if you text before you go out of range, as the location based GPS system will be unable to locate you and therefore unable to send you a response.
- You have sent your text at a particularly busy time, and the networks are unable to send a response due to congestion on the phone lines. Unfortunately at times like New Years Eve, popular Football matches or at events where large crowds gather, the amount of people texting and calling puts a strain on the networks who are then unable to process your text request. Your mobile provider should send you an error message in this instance.
- Your service provider is the 3 network, who have not subscribed to location based technology. Most other UK based mobile providers have subscribed to the technology.
- You have included the word ‘stop’ in your text message. This automatically un-subscribes you to the service.
Westminster City Council does not save or store details of your location.
Westminster City Council reserves the right to contact you via text if you have used the ‘find my nearest’ or ‘auto response’ function. You can unsubscribe by sending the word STOP to 80097.
Was this useful?
Whatever your interest, Westminster City Council welcomes and encourages you to get in touch with suggestions for improvements to the site. Please tell us how useful this page was to you.