Competition - win an Xbox 360
Win an Xbox 360 and Kinect
Submit your ideas on how to use information that the council holds in new and interesting ways.
From information about population to the location of parking spaces, we hold a huge amount of data and information about the city. We want your ideas for smartphone apps or websites that can use our data in useful ways to improve life in Westminster for residents, businesses and visitors. Feel free to suggest combining our data with other data sources, applications or services you use.
Simply tell us:
- what your idea is
- how your idea will improve life in Westminster
- how it’s different from anything else available
- what data your idea needs
- whether it would be a website, smartphone app or something else entirely?
The closing date for entries is Monday 18th July. All applications will be considered by a judging panel from Westminster City Council and Microsoft.
• First prize: X-box 360 Console and Kinect
• Second prize: Arc Keyboard and Mouse
The best entries will be considered for development, while all entries will help us understand the types of data that you would find useful if it were published. The competition is part of our transparency agenda to publish information on council spending and other data that is of interest to residents, businesses and visitors.
Send your entries to email@example.com. Please include your name, address and contact details.
Summary of competition guidelines
- Tell us how you’d like to see council data and information used in an app, website or data tool that would make life in Westminster better for residents, businesses or visitors.
- Tell us: (1) what your idea is, (2) how your idea will make life in Westminster easier, (3) how it’s different from anything else available, (4) how it would work – what data does your idea need? (5) would it be a website, a smartphone app, or something else entirely?
- This should be a new idea that isn’t currently available to Westminster residents – although you could get inspiration from other cities around the world.
- You should think about how to make sure it’s easy to use.
- It should also use information from Westminster City Council, although you could also use other sources of data too.
Terms and conditions
- All participants must be 16 years of age and over
- All participants must live, work or study in Westminster
- Only one entry is allowed per person
- The closing date for submissions is 5pm on Monday 18th July
- The winner will be notified by Friday 29th July
- The council cannot be held responsible for entries or attempted entries which are lost, incomplete or not received
- No purchase or competition form is required as a condition of entry into the competition
- The prize will be an X-box 360 Console and Kinect courtesy of Microsoft. A runner-up will receive an Arc Keyboard and Mouse
- The winner will be notified by phone or email
- The prize must be claimed within 28 days of notification
- Members of the Council, Officers of the Council and relatives of Members and Officers are not permitted to enter the prize draw. Relatives are defined to include husband, wife, son, daughter, mother, father, brother, sister, grandparents and grandchildren
- The name of the prize winner will be available from City Hall on written request, enclosing a self addressed and pre-paid envelope
- The winner may be asked for consent to being involved in any publicity after the competition, including the release of names and taking of photographs (if required)
- Once the prize draw has been claimed, no other correspondence will be entered into
Participants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions.
Was this useful?
Whatever your interest, Westminster City Council welcomes and encourages you to get in touch with suggestions for improvements to the site. Please tell us how useful this page was to you.