We offer free impartial business support and advice to help new and existing businesses in Westminster to flourish. We can only give advice to businesses in Westminster. If you are not a business in Westminster, please contact your own local authority trading standards team. Alternatively please contact Citizens Advice on 08454 040506 who will be able to help.
Please be advised that your own local authority or Citizens Advice will make referrals to us should they feel we need to be made aware of the facts of a case.
ERWIN is an online advice and information portal for retail-based businesses. ERWIN (Everything Regulation Whenever It's Needed) provides you with a list of relevant and prioritised advice packs in accordance with your business type.
If you are in the non-retail sector, or need further business advice, you are welcome to contact us
You may also be interested in the following sources of advice and information
- Sale of Goods Act Hub offers a range of materials explaining the law and how it applies when customers want to return goods.
Distance Selling Hub informs retailers and consumers about distance selling regulations.
- Companies House publishes information on the companies registered with them
- Office of Fair Trading promotes and protects consumer interests in the UK whilst ensuring businesses trade fairly and competitively
- Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) undertakes a variety of roles including responsibility for policy relating to small businesses, supporting small businesses and investing in skills and promoting innovation and enterprise in the UK
- Health and Safety Executive is responsible for the regulation and enforcement of workplace health, safety and welfare
- Trading Standards Institute influences trading standard policy and support local trading standards teams and officers
Was this useful?
Whatever your interest, Westminster City Council welcomes and encourages you to get in touch with suggestions for improvements to the site. Please tell us how useful this page was to you.